Tuesday, June 7, 2011

'Real Housewife' Ramona Singer Denies Drinking Problem

'Real Housewife' Ramona Singer Denies Drinking Problem

It's no secret that The Real Housewives of New York City's Ramona Singer likes her pinot grigio. She likes it so much, in fact, that some viewers have started to become concerned. Bravo producer Andy Cohen recently admitted that one of the most frequent questions he gets from Housewives fans is, "Does Ramona Singer have a drinking problem?"

Absolutely not, says Ramona. At a recent press party in the Hamptons, Singer explained how the show makes her look like a heavier drinker than she actually is. Watch the video below!

 

 

"Do I overdrink? No. I drink with responsibility," says Singer. "All I can say is, we're filmed in social events. If you look at anytime I have a drink in my hand, LuAnn (de Lesseps) is drinking. The other people are drinking," Ramona said. "The only person who doesn't drink is Jill (Zarin). She only drinks Diet Coke -- and you wonder why? But anyway, all the other Housewives shows -- they're all drinking."

Perhaps the emphasis on Singer's wine-guzzling -- with costars, including Zarin, expressing worry over Ramona's beverage consumption -- is just an easy plotline, since she's marketing her own pinot grigio? That's what Ramona and her husband Mario suggest. In fact, Ramona claims she took the producers to task over making a "story" out of her supposed "drinking problem."

"I've been on the show for four years," Singer recalls telling the producers. "How can I have five businesses, be married 19 years, have a daughter who's a straight-A student? I cannot even be a... functioning alcoholic if I had all of this stuff going on. It would be impossible."

"Do you ever see me fall down on TV? Do you ever see me slur my speech? Absolutely not," Singer continues. "Do I have a drink or two with dinner? Absolutely."

The 54-year-old businesswoman and mother also says that she drinks wine as an alternative to sweets: "I'd rather have my one or two glasses of pinot grigio than dessert, which is 700 calories. I mean, two pinot grigios are what, 150, 170?" (For the record: One five-ounce glass of pinot is about 123 calories, meaning two would be around 250).

Clearly, Ramona isn't losing her "turtle time" without a fight! In truth, though, a whole lot of drinking happens on reality TV, and it's hard to tell how much of it would be going on if the cameras weren't there. We'd like to think that the producers would be responsible enough to step in if there were a real problem. But since we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, it's Ramona's word versus Jill's. Who do you believe?

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/real-housewife-ramona-singer-denies-drinking-problem/1-a-355546

Janet Jackson Jessica Alba Jessica Biel Kate Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment