Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nicki Minaj Promises 'More Theater' On Britney Spears Tour

'So much to me is music, but it's also about putting on a show,' she tells MTV News at Movie Awards.
By Gil Kaufman, with reporting by Eric Ditzian


Nicki Minaj
Photo: MTV News

Nicki Minaj was pulling double duty at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday night. In addition to providing some eye candy for co-presenter Ashton Kutcher to stare at, the Young Money queen spoke to MTV News backstage about her upcoming tour with fellow pop diva Britney Spears.

With Spears' Femme Fatale Tour slated to kick off June 16 in Sacramento, California, Minaj said the pair are getting ready to put their heads together during rehearsals.

"We probably won't start talking about what we're planning for another couple days," Minaj said. "I've been just rehearsing, and she's been rehearsing, and we'll be getting together in a couple days."

With more than a month off since finishing her stint on Lil Wayne's I Am Still Music Tour, Minaj said she's been working on her stagecraft and trying to find a way to interject more drama into her performance to keep up with what will surely be an eye-popping spectacle from Spears.

"I'm just trying to put more theater on that stage. So much to me is music, but it's also about putting on a show, so that's my goal: to truly put on a show and incorporate theater and dance," Minaj said.

"I think it's pretty easy to take it to the next level ... I think I'm nowhere close to where I could be as far as my shows have been. So I think it's going to be pretty easy, actually."

The ladies'-night tour will also feature sets from Nervo and Jessie and the Toy Boys.

What are you expecting from Minaj's warm-up act? Let us know in the comments!

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1665259/nicki-minaj-britney-spears-tour.jhtml

Chelsea Handler Christina Aguilera Danica Patrick Katie Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment